General Website Security
anbbank.com uses a variety of techniques to keep your website and online banking experience secure. The website is protected with strong encryption controls validated with a digital certificate issued by DigiCert. Our systems and servers are constantly monitored, regularly updated, and protected with layers of controls to keep your information private.
Online Banking Security
DigiCert is the world’s leading provider of scalable TLS/SSL, IoT and PKI solutions for identity and encryption. The most innovative companies, including 89% of the Fortune 500 and 97 of the 100 top global banks, choose DigiCert for its expertise in identity and encryption for web servers and Internet of Things devices.
Secure Sign-On Tips
Every customer must maintain a combination of Login ID and password. As a new online banking user, you will be assigned a temporary password by the bank. Upon the first login to ANB’s Online Banking system, you will be prompted to set a new password.
Suggestions for Passwords
Your Login ID and password provide security against unauthorized entry and access to your accounts.
- Passwords should not be easy to guess; for example, children's or pets names, birth dates, addresses or other easily recognized identifications for you should be avoided.
- Combining upper and lower cases within your password as well as combined alpha and numeric characters is a good security precaution in selecting a password (for example: sp3aKer is a good password for "speaker").
- Go for length not complexity, with at least 12-15 characters. To make it easy, use your favorite line from a song, movie, or inside joke.
- Don’t use the same password for all of your accounts, i.e. bank account, Facebook, etc.
Click here to read about some practical tips on how to create a strong password, methods to use in creating a password, and common mistakes to avoid when creating a password.
With our Online Banking system, if there are 5 or more incorrect attempts to log into a customer's account, our system will automatically lock the customer's access to online banking. If you are locked out from Online Banking, you will need to call the bank to unlock your account.
If you forgot your password, click the Forgot Password link and answer the security questions to reset your password.
Here are some precautions you can take to safeguard your personal information:
- Never provide personal information, such as passwords, bank account or credit card information in response to unsolicited email or telephone requests
- Do not be intimidated by an email threatening consequences and seeking personal information
- Institutions such as ANB Bank will never ask for personal information via email
- Never click on a link in an unsolicited email Never log in to accounts from an email; type the URL in the browser bar
- Change your passwords regularly and avoid choosing passwords that are easily guessed
- Do not use public computers, or public or unknown Wi-Fi, to access your accounts
- Keep items with personal information in a safe place
- Destroy old personal information such as checks, expired credit cards, items with account numbers and preapproved credit card solicitations in a shredder
- Provide your Social Security number only when necessary
- Do not carry your Social Security card in your wallet
- Minimize the number of credit cards you carry and cancel inactive accounts
- Sign the back of credit and debit cards with permanent ink
- Take outgoing mail to the post office, rather than placing in your home mailbox
- Review account statements regularly to ensure all charges are accurate
- Monitor your credit report at least once a year at annualcreditreport.com, the official site for all three credit reporting agencies